Common Ingredients List

>> Tuesday, July 19, 2011

This is just a compilation of the ingredients that can be found in a majority of the dishes that I cook. If the picture or name has an asterisk by it, this means this is staple for me and is always in my kitchen.

Beans/Lentils:


Gotta have them


Brown Lentils








Moong Dahl





Toor Dahl


Herbs/Spices:

Amchoor or Mango Powder





Black Mustard Seeds


Black Salt









Indian Chili Powder (I believe both are the same though)




Cinnamon Sticks










Left- Cumin Powder, Right- Cumin Seeds



Garam Masala (it's like the awesome combination of the best Indian spices.)






(Mainly for Adobo-A Phillipino dish)


Nutritional Yeast- Only used for my Tofu Scramble




Turmeric is used in like EVERY single Indian Dish. I even put it in my Tofu Scramble.







Condiments
Ghee or Indian Clarified Butter



Soy Sauce - Again only used for the Adobo


Vinegar- Used only for Adobo



Rice:

Basmati Rice is like the BEST rice ever. I don't necessarily stick to this brand, but this is what is currently in my pantry. It's a 10lb bag and I haven't made a dent in it yet.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP