My Aunt's Lemon Pie

>> Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm not an individual who is typically big on sweets or any type of baked goods. I'd prefer an actual meal to candy, pies and cakes. But in the spirit of Thanksgiving and to feel closer to my family, I made one of the only pies that I could eat for days, my Aunt's lemon pie.

Now this is so unlike a typical lemon or lemon meringue pie. Like my sweet potatoes, it's simple and easy to make. I love how the simple things in life bring the most joy. The same can be said about food. I've often found the best tasting foods are not elaborately made or filled with a million and one ingredients and steps.

Try this one out and let me know what you think.

Ingredients
  • 1 small tub of regular Cool Whip
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 8 oz block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
  • Lemon juice
  • Lemon extract
  • 1 regular sized pie shell

Directions
  1. Alright now here comes the complicated part, take the Cool Whip, condensed milk and cream cheese and mix it all together. *One could use a bowl and mix manually, but I save time and labor by using a blender to mix it all together.
  2. Transfer mixture to a bowl or keep in a blender and add the lemon juice and extract. *You can adjust the amount of lemon additives according to your taste. I love a lot of lemon in this pie, which may be too much for others.
  3. Add the mixture to your pie shell and smooth over.

    4. Cover and let the pie sit in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours, overnight is preferred (this 
        allows for the mixture to settle and solidify).
    5. Then serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP